System of physical and mental training devised at the beginning of the 20th century by Joseph Hubertus Pilates, based on his knowledge of gymnastics, traumatology and yoga. These exercises help tone the muscles through a sequence of fluid movements.
BENEFITS OF PILATES
- Brings vitality and strength.
- Increases flexibility, litheness, agility and coordination of movements.
- Shapes and tones the figure.
- Corrects bad posture habits and reduces back pain.
- Prevents and helps in the rehabilitation of muscular injuries.
- Improves the blood and lymphatic system.
- Reduces stress and tension through breathing control and concentration.